I hate it when you are having a bad day and everyone takes it personally, like no i hate myself, not you. get the fuck over yourself.
wow i’m actually so glad this post has been made
tideandsea replied to your post “guys, should i read a feast for crows and a dance with dragons…”
i /believe/ i remember this being a re-read for you, so i’d say try switching up your experience and reading them together. if i’m wrong, then i think there’s something to be gained from reading them separately at least once/the first time
hmmmmm yeah. Tbh the only reason i considered it was bc I was worried it’d be… weird. Like it’d be weird to read certain characters arcs to a point THEN time travel back and read the rest’s arcs THEN pick back up to the first set’s 800 pages later but then again I don’t really care about tyrion or jon so *shrugs* (but, daenerys is my (2nd…3rd?) favorite character so yeah
i wanna marry somebody cuter than me but sadly…i am the cutest :/
Scotland has been building up to voting on whether they should become Independent from the United Kingdom since 2012, the Idea’s been in the works since the ’50s. Yes voters want to be independent, No voters want to stay in the UK.
The parties backing Yes are the snp, the greens and the socialists, the parties backing No (also known as better together or no thanks) are the tories, labour, lib dems aka the big 3 of shittery
reasons scotland would want independence
- our votes literally don’t count seriously like in a mentaphor you guys would understand it would be as though our entire country voted democrat but the republicans still got into government because the uk is heavily imbalanced
- literally the population of the whole of scotland = the population of london.
- don’t want to be a part of illegal wars
- the maj. of scotland has a socialist sentiment so you could argue we don’t want to be associated w the capitalist uk
- england has been storing their nuclear weapons here for years, making us a target for attack, because they dont care about scottish lives
- basically used scotland as lab rats for taxes and shitty policies so england didnt suffer
- we have free tuition which the english govt want to take away
- we have free healthcare but westminster wants to privatise it which will badly affect scotland as the poorest nation
during the run up to the independence referendum, (referred to as #indyref for shorthand, &please use the indyref tag to talk abt these issues) the yes campaign released hugely detailed plans for an Independent Scotland, the no side produced nothing but scaremongering and outright lies about mysterious ‘new powers’ scotland would get if we stayed in the uk.
There were huge debates which took ages and i cba hashing out again but basically Yes had a more vocal support.
on the 18th sept we all voted and last night/this morning the results came in as an overwhelming result for No. this is bad as it means scotland is stuck in the racist, imperialist uk which supports illegal wars and looks like it’s going to be run by fascists by the next general election. here’s what happened in the horus following this morning;s announcement
- alex salmond, 1st minister & supporter of independence, resigns
- 'new powers' vanishing into thin air as ed miliband says he won;t sign off of them
- evidence of rigged votes in favour of the no side
- no voters who won the referendum rioting in glasgow, burn the scottish flag
- live feed to glasgow tho it looks quiet in george square atm, violence has taken to the streets
- more on ggow
i don’t know much more yet because this is the first day since the vote + i had no sleep after watching the results till 7am so i’ll be periodically reblogging more stuff as it unfolds. followers in west lothian and glasgow keep safe and maybe hide or obscure your yes flags/stickers to keep yourself safe
basically a lot of uncertainty, people have been literally stabbed and businesses burned down. keep an eye on the indyref and scotland tags + my blog if you want to know the latest. scotland’s time zone is UTC+0.